We’ve offering 10% off purchase of entire cartons of tinned food starting today until the end of Ramadan. Brands we carry include Addiction, Natural Balance and GO! A new brand, Instinct will be appearing in the next couple of days but whole cartons of that will need to be pre-ordered.
People, here’s something to look forward to. We will be announcing a new contest new week. It’ll involve photos of you and your favourite furkid(s) and a pithy description. The top ten will be selected according to the number of votes but the top three will be chosen by a panel of judges (yet to be appointed). The prizes as usual will be awesome so go get your camera out and start shooting!
Here’s a an example
Here's the escape plan Sheeri, you drive the car and I'll distract the cops
Keep your eyes peeled for further updates
Posted in Shop Update
Pet Epicure Adoption Drive
Date: Oct 23rd and 24th
Time: 10am to 4pm
Venue: Pet Epicure, Tmn Melawati
We are having our annual adoption drive (which we had to skip last year because we were in the midst of moving) and would love to have you join us. It’ll be a good time to chat because we’ll all be there. We’re hoping to have lucky draw prizes to give away and we have planned for some food to be served. The plans are underway and we would appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word.
I’ll be posting updates as we go along and hope to have everything finalised in the next couple of weeks.
We have had a rough few weeks. Mostly depressing stuff.
- Erela developed an abcess on one of her breats and had trouble nursing. After being treated with antibiotics, Back Flower remedy and homeopathy, she improved rapidly. Almost simultaneously however, her kittens and fosters began to fail. As of today, only two remain despite sub cut fluids, worming and hand feeding. We are numb. We have never lost so many in a litter before.
- Olivia lost Sakura to kidney failure. I am especially saddened as I had a soft spot for the opinionated vixen.
- Annabelle brought in an emaciated kitten one Friday and she too passed away by Sunday. Because she was in a bad state, this was not a total surprise but I worry that her condition may have passed on to Erela’s kittens…
- My kids have been sick on and off since the end of September and I am mighty weary of driving back and forth between the vet, not sleeping well an having a really slow few months with adoptions.
- Amy, our mum damaged part of her Achilles tendon, (teaching Bern how to skip) and consequently suffered reduced mobility.
However, the Universe is fair and some things are looking up.
- Kaelas, Olivia’s Ragdoll stud is improving by leaps and bound thanks to Dr Susanna’s Acupunture, some organic Chinese herbs, supplements, Bach Flower remedies and some changes we made to his diet, partly due to her advice. He has been suffering from chronic kidney stones and the medication and K/D diet just weren’t helping. Looking forward to having the sweetheart back in peak condition soon.
- Cian was hospitalised and the bloodtests revealed a mycoplasma infection which explains why my kids have been so ill. At least now we can deal with it and I MAY GET SOME SLEEP!
There is also a whole load of other stuff going on so forgive us if we have not been as attentive as we may have been in the past. We’re really hoping things will improve for us soon.
We had a great time and would like to thank all the people who turned up. We especially want to thank those who helped. Some brought food, some loaned us their beautiful cats to showcase and other’s just came to help with physical labour. We are very blessed to have so many friends. Like I said in facebook, I’m not naming names because I will most certainly forget someone, and then suffer feeling stupid.
While the people were amazing I’d like the mention the true reason we were gathered. The animals! We had dogs and cats, sugar gliders, rabbits, guinea pigs, a hedgehog, a chinchilla and some cockatiels. The snake apologised for not coming but the taxi driver just wasn’t willing to take him…some people, what can I say?
I want to shout a great big thank our customers for buying our reusable bag. We have always been concerned for the environment and have tried in various ways to help minimise our impact on mother earth. While the creation of each reusable bag consumes as many resources as 14 plastic bags, I have faith that our customers and friends will use each bag many times over. I have been turning down at least one bag a day for several months now and I feel GOOD! If each and every Malaysian turns down just one plastic bag a day, that’s 17 miliion a day and 6205 million is a year. I think that would be so amazing, so I’m gonna get everyone I know to try.
Anyway, hope you enjoyed the goodie bags and see the posh cats.
Here are a few photos of the ongoing renovations. Enjoy.
The new shop will have better ventilation, bigger rooms and an easy-to-clean tile floor. It will also have dedicated space for dog and cat bathing, featuring bathing areas tiled in granite. As usual, the cattery is equipped with a ozoniser but will now have two extractor fans, three ceiling fans as well as a (grilled in) 7ft window.
Our new address as of December 2008 will be
no16, Jalan Bandar 2, Taman Melawati
We will be on the same row as the Post Office.
In order to minimise our workload, we’re having a MOVING OUT SALE. We’d like to sell off our existing stock so we have less to move. Almost everything will be on discount! All small animal, cat and dog related items will have 20% OFF. Reptile things will have a 50% dfiscount. (URINE OFF and STURDI products are not included.)
We would also like to appeal to loving families to consider adopting our cats and kittens. To enhance the attractiveness of our lovely rescues, we’re offering the 3kg Back to Basics Natural Premium Cat Food at only RM45 (normal price rm64) for every cat that finds a home. All our rescues are toilet trained, neutered and vaccinated. (This offer starts to day and end when we are in the new premises.)
VILLA SRI KUCING WILL BE CLOSED FROM 27TH OCT TO 30TH NOV
We’re gonna miss this place.
And we’d like to thank our lovely landlord, Mr LEW KIM SANG.
You’ve been a top bloke.