Each animal is precious to us. We have spent time, money and effort to get it into it’s current state. Many if not most, were abandoned and ill. Therefore, please understand why we ask so many questions and have so many expectations of you.
Here are a few things you need to know before adopting from Pet Epicure
- All our cats and kittens are neutered (here’s is SPCA’s page on JAKIM’s fatwa on neutering ) prior to leaving. This is NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- They will also have up to date vaccinations and be dewormed.
- The earliest we can home a kitten is at 14 weeks.
- We prefer kittens be adopted in pairs unless you already have a friendly cat at home.
- We reserve the right to refuse you application as these cats deserve the very best homes. If we deem you unsuitable, please try to understand. sometimes, it is due to the cat’s personality, and sometimes, it is because we may feel you lack experience, resources or commitment.
- The adoption fee for DSH is RM100, DSLH and DLH is RM200 and pedigreed cats is RM300. This is to reflect the amount of extra maintenance a cat will require. We do not want to place our long hairs with people who cannot afford the time or money to groom the cats properly.
Below is a questionnaire for people who want to adopt a cat from us. Please read it through and think about why we ask these questions. Feel free to copy and paste the questions into an email to us so we can assess your worthiness.
PROSPECTIVE OWNER QUESTIONNAIRE
Our cats are very precious to us even though some may view them as only domestics. However, we appreciate each animal’s innate uniqueness and worth. As such, we will only place them in homes we feel will suit them. These questions will help us to determine if you, your family and your lifestyle are suited to a particular cat. Please answer honestly to avoid disappointment.
Who are you interested in?
(Name of cat and/or brief description)
Do you have children? Yes No
How many and how old are they?
Do they have any allergies? Yes No
I live in an
- Terrace house
My cat would live in
- A cage outside the house
- A cage inside the house
- Roam free in the house
- Roam free in a room in the house
- Free roaming indoors and outdoors
- Free roaming outdoor
- Never had a cat before
- Cats at home already. How many? 1 2 3 4 5 6 more
- Dogs. How many? 1 2 3 more
- Cats and dogs. How many of each? Cats 1 2 3 more Dogs 1 2 3 more
How long will your cat be left alone during the day?
Which Vet do you use?
What do/would you feed your cat(s)?
Would you consider entering your cat into the next cat show?
WE SOMETIMES HAVE DOGS AND OTHER ANIMALS FOR ADOPTION TOO. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG OR COME BACK OFTEN TO SEE WHAT WE HAVE AVAILABLE.