Forgive me this extremely uninformative post. Having been so overwhelmed recently, I don’t even know their genders or names. Olivia will but it’s late and I am loath to call her when she too needs her rest. Maybe I’ll have internet access and free time concurrently soon so I can provide this pertinent info.
Nevertheless, I do have some photos and my belly can vouch for their playfullness (one literally used me as a cat tree today, sinking her sharp little kitten claws into my jeans, which was OK and then my T shirt, which was painful. She unintentionally left several little holes in my belly).
We have had a rough few weeks. Mostly depressing stuff.
- Erela developed an abcess on one of her breats and had trouble nursing. After being treated with antibiotics, Back Flower remedy and homeopathy, she improved rapidly. Almost simultaneously however, her kittens and fosters began to fail. As of today, only two remain despite sub cut fluids, worming and hand feeding. We are numb. We have never lost so many in a litter before.
- Olivia lost Sakura to kidney failure. I am especially saddened as I had a soft spot for the opinionated vixen.
- Annabelle brought in an emaciated kitten one Friday and she too passed away by Sunday. Because she was in a bad state, this was not a total surprise but I worry that her condition may have passed on to Erela’s kittens…
- My kids have been sick on and off since the end of September and I am mighty weary of driving back and forth between the vet, not sleeping well an having a really slow few months with adoptions.
- Amy, our mum damaged part of her Achilles tendon, (teaching Bern how to skip) and consequently suffered reduced mobility.
However, the Universe is fair and some things are looking up.
- Kaelas, Olivia’s Ragdoll stud is improving by leaps and bound thanks to Dr Susanna’s Acupunture, some organic Chinese herbs, supplements, Bach Flower remedies and some changes we made to his diet, partly due to her advice. He has been suffering from chronic kidney stones and the medication and K/D diet just weren’t helping. Looking forward to having the sweetheart back in peak condition soon.
- Cian was hospitalised and the bloodtests revealed a mycoplasma infection which explains why my kids have been so ill. At least now we can deal with it and I MAY GET SOME SLEEP!
There is also a whole load of other stuff going on so forgive us if we have not been as attentive as we may have been in the past. We’re really hoping things will improve for us soon.